A GLOBAL HUB ON
CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Photo by Pact
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY DEVELOPMENTSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
Download English Guide Here Download French Guide Here – Guide français ici. Please click the above links for a guide to assist OVC program personnel (community- or facility-based case management workers) to understand the importance of MMD and to understand their role and responsibilities in supporting MMD for C/ALHIV. INCLUDES: Background information on MMD… View ArticleRead more »
Priorities in OVC Programming 2021 & OVC Task Force Guidance Summary Priorities in OVC Programming 2021 – Revised PEPFAR COP21 Guidance Summary – Revised The OVC Task Force has recently prepared two documents that we hope you find helpful. One is a summary of the OVC-related sections of the PEPFAR 2021 Country and Regional Operational… View ArticleRead more »
Understanding and Improving Viral Load Suppression in Children with HIV In Eastern and Southern AfricaApril 14, 2021
Understanding and Improving Viral Load Suppression in Children with HIV In Eastern and Southern Africa VLS CLHIV study report VLS CLHIV advocacy brief In 2019 it was estimated that 1.2 million children (0-14) were living with HIV in Eastern and Southern Africa, yet more than a half million of these children (504,000) were not receiving… View ArticleRead more »
Triangulating OVC and Health Facility Data to Identify Gaps in HIV Care and Treatment for Children and Adolescents Living with HIV Document attached here. According to PEPFAR guidance, OVC programs and PEPFAR HIV clinical partners in health facilities (HFs) need to work hand in hand to improve pediatric HIV treatment outcomes for C&ALHIV under the… View ArticleRead more »
Integrating the Health and Social Service Sectors to Achieve Health for All Tuesday, March 16th, 2021 8:00 - 9:30 AM EST Stay tuned for materials...