A GLOBAL HUB
ON CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Megan Collins for CRS
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY BUILDING & SYSTEM STRENGTHENINGSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
Youth Living with HIV in Mozambique—Reaching the Last 95: A Qualitative Study in Sofala, Manica, and Niassa ProvincesSeptember 11, 2019
Despite progress having been made in Mozambique, low rates of treatment initiation and retention continue–especially among children, adolescents, and young adults. The Ministry of Health is enacting a strategy to reach these target populations, and this research was carried out to inform that strategy. Research objectives were to identify the barriers and facilitating factors affecting… View ArticleRead more »
Adolescent HIV in Tanzania: Factors Affecting Viral Load Suppression and the Transition to Adult CareSeptember 10, 2019
Health Policy Plus has applied its HIV Pediatric Transition Model to Tanzania, a country that needs to accelerate strategies to support adolescents who are living with HIV and are aging out of pediatric care. This study explored fact explored factors affecting viral load testing, viral suppression, and the transition from adolescent to adult care and… View ArticleRead more »
As young people age out of their pediatric or adolescent HIV care and treatment programs, they require different types of support. However, there is a lack of understanding and planning for potential transitions in care for young people in most countries. This Pediatric Transition Model was written to inform target-setting, forecasting, and planning for treatment… View ArticleRead more »
INSPIREd Faith Communities: Nurturing Values and Spirituality in Early Childhood for the Prevention of ViolenceSeptember 5, 2019
The International Consortium on Nurturing Values and Spirituality in Early Childhood for the Prevention of Violence Against Children was convened to discuss the role of religious communities in challenging cultural and social norms that condone violence and share good practices from religious communities and civil society organizations that help prevent and address violence against children… View ArticleRead more »