A GLOBAL HUB
ON CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Megan Collins for CRS
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY BUILDING & SYSTEM STRENGTHENINGSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
Stigma reduction interventions for children and adolescents in low- and middle-income countries: Systematic review of intervention strategiesFebruary 6, 2020
This review synthesized and compared stigma reduction interventions across stigmatized groups in low and middle-income countries (LMIC), specifically highlighting stigma reduction interventions that targeted children and adolescents. Within 61 unique publications describing 79 interventions, utilizing 14 unique stigma reduction strategies, 14 papers discussed 21 interventions and 10 unique strategies involving children. Most studies targeted HIV/AIDS… View ArticleRead more »
Determinants of Implementing Cash Transfer Program for Orphans and Vulnerable Children: A Case of Isiolo County, KenyaFebruary 3, 2020
Cash transfer (CT) programs play a vital role in the provision of social protection systems through regular and predictable cash payments to ultra-poor households. Kenya has an established cash transfer program for orphans and vulnerable children. This study had three objectives: 1. To examine influence of government monthly cash transfer on the implementation of OVC… View ArticleRead more »
With support from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, Spring Impact has produced a new piece of qualitative research to further understand how communities across the globe are strengthening community early childhood systems supporting children and caregivers. These place-based strategies to strengthen community early childhood systems are understood as cross-sector efforts focused on improving outcomes for all… View ArticleRead more »
Improving HIV Service Delivery for Infants, Children and Adolescents: A Framework for Country ProgrammingJanuary 21, 2020
This framework represents strategies to address the bottlenecks across the continuum of care for infants, children, adolescents. The framework highlights the targeted and comprehensive service delivery models which emphasize strong linkages between testing, treatment and care, and between communities and facilities. This includes keeping mothers who received interventions for the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission… View ArticleRead more »